In 1925, Donald MacJannet acquired a piece of land at Angon on Lake Annecy in Haute Savoie where he opened the MacJannet Summer Camps – Camp L’Aiglon for boys and Camp Alouette for girls. These camps catered to the international students attending his Paris Schools and later french children as well. The MacJannets operated the camps from 1925 until 1964, closing them for a brief time during World War II when they used the camps to lodge french war orphans. Hundreds of children attended the MacJannet schools and camps over the years including many prominent figures such as: Prince Phillip and Indira Ghandi.
For more information, history and photos on the MacJannets camps and lives: