The MacJannet Foundation’s Programs and Initiatives
The MacJannet Foundation works with programs and initiatives that share its goals and values:
- MacJannet Foundation Scholarships are awarded each year to undergraduate students from Tufts University to participate in “Tufts in Talloires,” a six-week summer program at the Tufts University European Center in Talloires, France. The Foundation has sponsored hundreds of talented and qualified students who otherwise might not be able to study in or experience this life-changing international exchange.
- The annual “MacJannet Prize for Global Citizenship” was established in 2009 by the MacJannet Foundation and The Talloires Network to formally recognize exceptional student community engagement initiatives conducted at universities belonging to the Talloires Network (more than 320 institutions from 72 countries around the world). The MacJannet Prize provides a financial reward to winners and, more importantly, public recognition of their efforts.
- The MacJannet Fellowships are offered each year from an endowed fellowship established by Donald and Charlotte MacJannet at Tufts University’s Fletcher School of International Law and Diplomacy. It allows deserving European students to receive financial scholarships to study at the Fletcher School in Medford, MA.
- Les Amis du Prieuré (Friends of the Priory) is a local French cultural association based in Talloires, France. For more than twenty years, Les Amis du Prieuré has continued the MacJannet tradition of sponsoring and hosting meaningful cultural events through its annual lecture series at Tufts University’s historic Priory. Les Amis du Prieuré also provides scholarships for deserving local French high school students to study English at Tufts University in Boston each summer.
- New Program Partnerships and Grants: In addition to the core programs above, the Foundation partners with other organizations that help promote the MacJannet ideals of cultural exchange, community engagement, and international education.